Sunday 10 June 2012

Autumn 2012 Indigo Workshops at my Farmhouse in Japan




The Spring 2012 Japanese Textile Workshop was a success.  Thanks to the help of many people and the wonderful participants themselves. I've been getting a regular flow of e-mails asking when and if I will do it again. I have put a lot of work into the house and a lot of thought into the workshop content so it seems a shame not to. Please check out this link and if you have any questions please mail me and I will get back to you soon as I can.

So this picture just about sums up my feelings in launching this workshop and inviting you to look inside. It was taken during the spring workshop as I was explaining the complexities of Noguchi san's indigo unique  fermentation technique.

The lid is open. What is inside is very valuable and interesting and has great potential for all the indigo sisters. (No indigo brothers last time.) It was up to me to explain it as simply and clearly as I could.  With a deep breath, enthusiasm and hope, I ask you to take a look at the Autumn 2012 brochure.



Bryan





8 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely. I hope that you will continue these offerings in the future as I am interested, but not available until 2014. I dream of weaving so I hope to be able to weave 50 cm on your loom some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      I hope to keep these workshops going for a few years. They are a challenge right now. How to pack as much meaningful work and information into ten days as possible? When I feel I've got that right I might move onto something else.
      Bryan

      Delete
  2. Goodness Bryan, I note new bathrooms...you have been very busy. Good luck with these workshops, they sound wonderful. I have put a link on my blog :-) Too soon for me to return to Japan but one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. onesmallstitch11 June 2012 at 07:31

    wow, you are brave. 2 workshops almost back-to-back. guess we didn't terrify you the first time. the itinery sounds great and the countryside will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean,
      There is a break between them. Not much construction this time. I feel confident that I can manage. I'll get in a few more helpers next time around. I could use a few Jeans! Any to spare?

      Delete
  4. Terrific, Bryan. What energy you have!
    See you soon, I hope, with a flock of 'sorelle d'indaco'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few 'indaco fratelli' mixed in would be fine as well.

      Delete