Monday 13 September 2010

Arrow Kasuri... weaving up well




This is some thing I am working on. I tied and resisted some of the warp threads first. Then indigo dyed them.


Threading the reed and warping was trouble free but quite slow.



The arrow kasuri was a common pattern in the Edo period. Lining them up harmoniously is the tricky part. The thread is linen. It will be folded in half and become a men's obi. Yuko and I will l weave 4 meters each. She is so skilled. Just started weaving and already she is keeping up with me on such a difficult project.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to add a few of these patterns to my sketch book, have any references I can take a peek at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful kasuri threads. seems there is no end to your indigo talents and practice. more thanks-

    ReplyDelete