Sunday 27 July 2014

Indigo Workshop in Brooklyn

The scenery is quite different here in New York. Stuck on the sweltering heat grid of Manhattan with millions of stressed out overheating New Yorkers.

I miss the mountains and the dogs and Hiro and a regular schedule of weeding the garden and feeding the silkworms. I suppose there is a kind of regular schedule manifesting itself the past three weeks….waking up and wondering which cool cafe to have my morning shot of caffeine at and which cool deli to have my lunch at and which cool place to have dinner at. After dinner the dilemma where to go for the best locally brewed beer here in the hyper hipster epi-center of the universe Williamsburg/Greenpoint  Brooklyn.

It is hard to admit to actually loving it here. The grass and mountains are pretty green on my side of the fence. New York is still pretty seductive even in the heat.






14 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it, less than 2 months ago I was in NYC with my youngest, renting a flat not far from where you are having your workshop! I would have loved to take part in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blandina, I need to write you a long letter. I know you are busy with family plans etc. I will get back to you before I head to Europe in late August.

      Delete
  2. you in ny city--so far from north of upstate! indigo in the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Velma, I would have loved to have met. I packed in a lot. I want o come back and study with Becky at Vastuga. Some draw loom stuff. I will take some time then.
      Bryan

      Delete
  3. ha. i'm a "down on the farm" girl myself but will confess there are three cities in the whirled that call seductively. New York is one, but San Francisco and New Orleans sing loudest to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think New York is calling to me…"Leave…leave..leave…." ( I am willing to listen!)

      Delete
  4. www.onesmallstitch.wordpress.com27 July 2014 at 14:59

    jeesh! that's a long way from the tea fields and night skies of Fujino. do you have a gallery show there as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having fun. Different certainly but still having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tell me when you're back and i'll compensate you for the stress.you look pretty stressed out in that last photo albeit all that coolness od. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking….What am I doing in New York!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How long are you in NY? Are you there for teaching a few classes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ted,
    I was here for three weeks. I go back to Japan on Wednesday. I've been carrying around the bag you made for me. Some good reviews! No Green Card. Helpful spectator status. Hope all is well on your side. Tuna was delicious. Bryan

    ReplyDelete